Political Tax Credit

Your contribution can make a big difference in my campaign to remain our State Representative in House District 60—and it doesn’t have to cost you anything.

If you file an Oregon tax return, you may be eligible for the Oregon Political Tax Credit which allows you to make a contribution of up to $100 (married filing jointly, $50 individual filers) to our Mark Owens for Oregon committee and receive every dollar of it back when you file your income tax return next year.

This is not a deduction. It is a tax credit. That means that if you owe money to the state at the end of the year, you will owe up to $100 less. If you are due a refund, your refund will be that much more.

Through our tax system, the State of Oregon gives each tax-paying Oregonian a $50 gift. But you can’t keep it. You either pay it back in state taxes—or donate it to a political campaign committee like mine in order to take advantage of this tax credit.

It’s a win-win. Your support would make a big difference – please donate today and take advantage of this gift.

Please consult your tax advisor for more information.

Contributions must be dated no later than December 31, 2023, to receive the credit on your 2023 state tax return. Please note that current Oregon law allows individuals with an adjusted gross income of less than $75,000 — or joint filers with a combined income of less than $150,000 — to claim the Political Tax Credit. Consult your tax advisor for more information. Please see Oregon Secretary of State for details. 

Join Our Team

Sign up today and join our team to support Representative Mark Owens.